Largo de Santa Cruz, 506, 1 Andar
4700-322, Braga Portugal
253 283 580 (call to national fixed network)
- Publishing a project or other subject about CA office.
- Obtaining information about some project for academic purposes or organizing study tours.
- Requesting CA office participation in conferences or other types of events.
- Knowing what and how we work.
- Ordering a project (procedures).
- Proposing some partnership or investment.
- Applications submission for internships, employment and collaborations.
The project “Casa na Praça Mouzinho de Albuquerque" represents the materialization of an exercise of spatial organization within an urban plot with a complex configuration. The location of the building - in one of the main squares in the historic center of Braga, in Portugal - determined the option to preserve the existing volume and façades, and also some characteristic elements inside. The intervention focused on accommodating a family program properly adjusted to the spatial needs and facilities that are currently required, finding in the existing volumetry a reason (not a condition) for the distribution and design of the spaces.
At the back of the plot, a new construction appears that frees itself from the formal and plastic language of the existing one, simultaneously assuming a gesture of rupture and continuity with the existing building, by extending the material of the floor and the back facade.