Largo de Santa Cruz, 506, 1 Andar
4700-322, Braga Portugal
253 283 580 (call to national fixed network)
- Publishing a project or other subject about CA office.
- Obtaining information about some project for academic purposes or organizing study tours.
- Requesting CA office participation in conferences or other types of events.
- Knowing what and how we work.
- Ordering a project (procedures).
- Proposing some partnership or investment.
- Applications submission for internships, employment and collaborations.
Atlantic Nomads Ericeira is a tourist apartment building located on the coast of Ericeira, in Lugar de Mil Regos, with 28 apartments, common work rooms, social areas and parking, in an approximate area of 6000 m2.
The conditions of suitability to the land and construction volume were essential for the approval of the proposal, which contrasted with a broad and ambitious program. It was necessary to develop an interconnected construction for functional reasons, but with a fragmentation of the form that allowed for adaptation to the terrain, reducing the perception of scale, while orienting the apartments with a view over the sea.
Two building volumes were proposed, intersecting at one of the ends, in order to coincide with the common vertical accesses, allowing the constructions to adapt to the terrain, and allowing a general feeling of a low-rise building very attached to the terrain.
The V-shaped deployment creates a central patio between the two blocks, which deforms from floor -1 of one of the blocks and overlaps the roof of the other block, creating a simultaneous patio and green amphitheater, punctuated by the pool, allowing a controlled view of the interior garden, enhancing the central spaces that do not have a sea view.